Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally Starting!

I'm quite excited - my yarn and needles from Knitpicks finally came! Not that Knitpicks was overly long in shipping; I have just been excited (and finally had a bit of extra money to be able to get the yarn).

I"ve gotten 48 skeins of Wool Of The Andes in cobblestone heather.

I'm quite excited to finally begin! This month has been long, hard, and grueling, with almost no knitting as a result. To have a lovely Irish cape to start with good wool and my favorite sorts of needles is such a treat!

I'm choosing to go with the checkered hood. Not only do I like the look of it, but I love the story behind it.

Ireland has been near and dear to my heart since I was 4 years old and spent 6 weeks there. Not that I remember THAT much of it, but enough! It doesn't hurt that I am Scotch/Irish on both sides of my family (rounding that out with German and a bit of English as well)

I'll post pics when I can, but I wanted to start my blog NOW *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment